I’m back with more beauty tips and in today’s post, we’ll be highlighting the best DIY beauty hacks that every girl should know because we need it.
I like to call myself the queen of improvisation because I can be very flexible with my makeup application, skincare, haircare, all of it. And each of these hacks have saved me a lot of time and stress over the years so I decided to share them.
Without further ado, let’s get right into this lazy list:
◦ Coconut oil as makeup remover: If you follow this blog, or if you know me then you’ll know that I’m a big fan of coconut oil, I use it for everything lol. However I noticed that too much of it was bad for my acne prone skin, so be sure to wash your face thoroughly after applying coconut oil to take off your make up and your skin will be just fine.
◦ If your foundation is too dark, you can lighten it by mixing a bit of moisturizer in before application.
◦ Use hair gel to keep your brow hairs in place if you don’t have brow gel.
◦ Need a detoxifying face mask? Use toothpaste: My biology teacher in secondary once told me to use toothpaste to control my teenage acne and I honestly didn’t think much of it then, but it turns out, she was absolutely right!
And I don’t know the science or logic behind this, but I believe that if toothpaste can kill bacteria in your mouth then why can’t it do the same for your skin? Lol All I’m saying is, it’s a good way to control acne without breaking the bank, and it works for me. Next!
◦ To hide hyperpigmentation: Apply a darker shade of powder before foundation if you don’t have a color corrector.
◦ Ran out of eyeliner? Use the liquid/gel substance in your mascara.
◦ White eyeliner or white eyeshadow can serve as a primer to make your eyeshadow pop.
◦ Is your mascara drying up? Add a few drops of contact lens solution in it.
◦ Apply translucent powder on the part of your sunglasses that sits on your nose, to avoid it from ruining your makeup
◦ For smoother, softer feet: Apply Vaseline to tired or cracked feet and put on comfy socks overnight.
◦ For colorful hairpins, apply the preferred nail polish color on your regular pins
That’s it guys, let me know in the comments, what beauty hacks have worked for you. Thank you so much for reading ❤️