It’s no surprise that my country Nigeria is rated one of the most stressful countries in the world to live in. With a life expectancy of only 53 years, recent studies have shown that over 7 million Nigerians suffer from stress related illnesses such as diabetes, high blood pressure, kidney failure, insomnia, severe migraines, as well as anxiety and depression.
Facts and statistics aside, when living in a country that instigates everyday challenges like constant traffic and terrible road networks, inadequate power supply and just overall bad governance, (even in this pandemic!) you will find that one of the most suitable ways to relieve stress and rejuvenate your body functions is through spa and massage treatments.
People sometimes view spa treatments as a momentary self-pamper luxury routine, but what many don’t know is that, an occasional visit to the spa can provide an endless number of health benefits.
I personally included periodic trips to the spa as part of my wellness routine for this year, seeing as it can help promote an overall well-being of the mind and body.
Here’s a few ways spa treatments and massage therapy can improve your health:
- Facial treatments at the spa will help rejuvenate your skin to control acne, reduce wrinkles and fine lines thereby improving your outward appearance
- Massage therapy helps in reducing tension, helps in blood circulation and lowering blood pressure which can prevent health issues like stroke, heart attack and kidney failure. It can also reduces the occurrence of headaches and severe migraines.
- Spa and massage treatments can help to boost weight loss by stimulating your body’s lymphatic system to remove toxins and help with digestive problems
- Getting regular massages can help improve your posture by relieving muscles that have been made stiff while working from home or the office
- Due to how relaxing spa treatments are, your body will release serotonin which is the feel good hormone, which will help improve your mood
- I think I’ve made my point lol
That’s all the lazy advice I have for today, let me know what you think in the comments and thank you so much for stopping by ❤️